OUR PROFILE
   
  HF MEDIA

  RECENT POSTS

  ARCHIVES
   March 2005
   April 2005
   May 2005
   June 2005
   July 2005
   March 2006
   April 2006
   May 2006
   June 2006
   July 2006

  Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Something More

Did you happen to catch the Tom Brady interview on 60 Minutes this past Sunday? What a great example of humility and perspective that is so often lacking in our sports heros. As quarterback for the New England Patriots Tom Brady has won 3 Superbowls, has never lost a playoff game, and is 21-2 when the game is decided by 3 points or less. He was the 199th player selected overall and was only given a chance to play when Drew Bledsoe was creamed by Mo Lewis in a game against the Jets in 2001. Here is a quote from the interview that I really impressed me:
He [Brady] has turned down million-dollar endorsement deals because he didn't think they were right for him, and many of the ones he does, he shares with his teammates.

But with all Brady's fame and career accomplishments, Kroft was surprised to hear this from him: "Why do I have three Super Bowl rings and still think there's something greater out there for me? I mean, maybe a lot of people would say, 'Hey man, this is what is. ' I reached my goal, my dream, my life. Me, I think, 'God, it's got to be more than this. ' I mean this isn't, this can't be what it's all cracked up to be."

"What's the answer?" asks Kroft.

"I wish I knew. I wish I knew," Brady replies.


Let's say you are sitting in front of Tom Brady and he says this to you. What would be your response to him?

DC Templates™