OUR PROFILE
   
  HF MEDIA

  RECENT POSTS

  ARCHIVES
   March 2005
   April 2005
   May 2005
   June 2005
   July 2005
   March 2006
   April 2006
   May 2006
   June 2006
   July 2006

  Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Weekly Update


These are clothes that have sat in my office since the Mystery Road Trip. After Sunday they will be donated to the Community of Hope, so if something is yours and you want it, better let me know.



PHAT 108 is CANCELLED for this week. Allison and I will be at the Shiloh Golf tournament raising money for Shiloh so no-one will be there for PHAT 108. We will resume next week.


This Sunday is the last day to sign up for REVOLUTION! If you are planning on going please bring in your form.

Finally I want to leave you with this thought. I was at a small group leader retreat this weekend, and the speaker said something that has stuck in my mind ever since. He was sharing his life story, which had a fair amount of drama centered around and alcoholic mother, divorce, and dysfunctional relationship with his father. He talked a lot about feeling alone and abandoned as a teenager. Until he recieved Christ.

Since that time (40 years ago) he has spent a lot of time reading and learning about God. One of the most influential things has been reading the Psalms and Proverbs every day. He said "The Psalms have been my mother, and the Proverbs have been my Father." I thought that was a fairly profound comment, and illustrated very well the role that scripture can play in a persons life.

I want to challenge you this week to spend time reading the Psalms or Proverbs at some point during the day. You never know when the power of God through scripture will transform your life.

DC Templates™