OUR PROFILE
   
  HF MEDIA

  RECENT POSTS

  ARCHIVES
   March 2005
   April 2005
   May 2005
   June 2005
   July 2005
   March 2006
   April 2006
   May 2006
   June 2006
   July 2006

  Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 10, 2005
Prayer


I have this book on my shelf called "The Communion of Saints: Prayers of the Famous" by Horton Davies. It' Tom's book and I have been reading some of the prayers and they are so powerful. It's amazing how much hope, doubt, fear, longing, and desire is wrapped up in prayer. There is one prayer that has stuck out to me today and it's this one

"O Lord, deliver us from the need to build ourselves up by cutting others down" Ernest T. Campbell, Minister Riverside Church of NYC.

I love this prayer because don't we all find ourselves doing this at some point? How silly is it especially if we believe that our worth comes from Christ who died for us. The problem is that it's just to easy to run someone down when they aren't there to defend themselves. Yet the gratification from doing it is just so hollow.

I have my own prayer I am going to try to focus on this week.

"Dear God, give me the courage to seek your face and follow your leading. Give me the ability to discern between my desires and your will."

Do you have any prayers that you would like to offer?
Comments:
Dear God,
I pray that love does not take over me again. It is to painful to let it go and knowing that the person that i use to love was wrong for me and it was in my face the whole time. If so please let this newly formed relationship take it's time even though it's not official. I know in my heart that if we move slowly than our relationship will last a long time. But please don't let it turn into love until I think i am ready.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

DC Templates™